At P5 Performance, we are changing the landscape of human healthcare from a sickness model that says “here’s a pill for every ill” to addressing the underlying causes of disease. Our Functional Health Practitioners have a patient-centered approach addressing the whole person and not just the symptoms and diagnosis. Our healthcare team spends time with our patients, listening to their histories and looking deep into their genetic, environmental and lifestyle factors that can influence a lifetime of health and wellness.
Here are our 5 basic principles that define Functional Health:
1) Functional Health views us all as being different; genetically and biochemically unique. This personalized health care treats the individual, not the disease. It supports the normal healing mechanisms of the body, naturally, rather than attacking disease directly.
2) Functional Health is deeply science based. The latest research shows us that what happens within us is connected in a complicated network or web of relationships. Understanding those relationships allows us to see deep into the functioning of the body.
3) Your body is intelligent and has the capacity for self-regulation, which expresses itself through a dynamic balance of all your body systems.
4) Your body has the ability to heal and prevent nearly all the diseases of aging.
5) Health is not just the absence of disease, but a state of immense vitality.